Christmas Bin Collections
The countdown to Christmas has started, and Huntingdonshire District Council would like to encourage you all to keep the party going by remembering to recycle over the festive period.
We are recycling more at home than ever before, which is great, and we don’t want it to be forgotten about during the festivities.
Christmas is a time for entertaining, which means we all have more waste to dispose of. In Huntingdonshire, we are fortunate to be able to recycle a wide range of materials within the blue bins or clear sacks, which helps us all to recycle more this Christmas.
Remember to recycle all of your Christmas cards, wrapping paper (paper type only), sweet tins, and the plastic packaging from your gifts within your recycling bin.
Don’t forget that all food waste, including your turkey carcass, vegetable peelings and any leftovers can be placed in your garden waste bin for composting.
Real Christmas trees should be cut down to the same size as the wheeled bin and left separately, by the side of the bin for collection
Collections of all waste types will continue throughout the festive period, but your day of collection will change for a few weeks. Collection days for Love's Farm can be found on our website
or you can also download your collection calendar from www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/bins
When the festivities are over, recycling continues and here are a few top tips for a green 2014
• Save money and waste less food with great tips and recipe ideas from www.lovefoodhatewaste.com
• Enjoy truly local food sold by the people who produce it from your Local Farmers’ market. Find our local market at www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/markets
• Recycle unwanted small electrical items in one of the banks at Tebbutts Road Car Park - St Neots
• Know what materials can be recycled within your bins at www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/whatgoesinwhichbin
• Compost at home – you can buy one compost bin and get another half price at www.ccc.getcomposting.com
• Find out when your bins are collected at www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/bins
• Many unwanted materials can be recycled at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre (Marston Road, St Neots). 8am – 6pm
• Recycling Banks for clothes, textiles, DVDs, CDs and books are located throughout the district. Find your local bank at www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/recyclingcentres
Avoid your blue bin being rejected for collection by keeping out black sacks and textiles